Magpul Pmag GEN M3 30-Round Magazine is a 30-round 5.56x45 NATO (.223 Remington) AR15, M16, M4 compatible magazine. This is the brand new Pmag made of new material.
This next-generation PMAG 30 GEN M3 is a 30-round 5.56x45 NATO (.223 Remington) polymer magazine for AR15, M4, M16 compatible weapons that features transparent windows to allow rapid visual identification of approximate number of rounds remaining. Along with an expanded feature set and compatibility, the GEN M3 incorporates new material technology and manufacturing processes for enhanced strength, durability, and reliability to exceed rigorous military performance specifications.
Modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a wide range of non Colt-spec platforms such as the HK416 and MR556A1, M27 IAR, SA-80, FN, SCAR, MK 16/16S, and others. A redesigned bolt catch notch in the rear of the magazine provides increased bolt catch clearance, while an over-travel stop on the spine helps ensure the magazine will not over-insert on compatible weapons.
Similar to the MOE PMAG, the GEN M3 features a long-life stainless steel spring, four-way anti-tilt follower and constant-curve internal geometry for reliable feeding, and simple tool-less disassembly to ease cleaning. In addition, an included pop-off Impact/Dust Cover can optionally be used to minimize debris intrusion and protect against potential damage during storage and transit. Low profile ribs and new aggressive front and rear texture gives positive control of the GEN M3 in all environments, and a paint pen dot matrix has been added to the bottom panel of the body to allow easy marking by the end user for identification. The new, easy to disassemble flared floorplate aids extraction and handling of the magazine while providing improved drop protection, but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine pouches.
Durable dual-side transparent windows allow for quick determination of approximate number of rounds remaining in the magazine. Utilizing a high visibility indicator coil on the spring and numerical markers on the magazine body, the MagLevel¾™ system provides positive verification without affecting the durability or reliability of the magazine.
- Currently Only Available in Black - Flat Dark Earth, Foliage, OD Green coming soon
- Durable dual-side transparent windows
- Painted indicator on the spring for quick determination of approximate rounds remaining in the magazine
- Indicator coil painted with a high visibility orange color
- Tough polymer construction
- Advanced, textured gripping surface and easy to disassemble design with a flared floorplate for positive magazine extraction from pouches
- Stainless steel spring coated with mil-spec black oxide for corrosion resistance
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability gives smoother loading with military stripper clips
- Pop-Off Impact/Dust Cover for storage. Please note - dust cover will not clip to floor plate. It does not fit.
- Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- Modified dimensions allow for wider compatibility with non Colt-spec 'STANAG 4179' platforms
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life USGI-spec stainless steel spring, black-oxide coated (MIL-DTL-13924D
- Anti-glare translucent MagLevel windows on both sides of the body along with a painted indicator on the spring allows for easy determination of rounds remaining
- Over-travel insertion stop on the spine
- Ribbed gripping surface and new aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with many double and triple pouches
- Pop-off Impact/Dust Cover to minimize debris intrusion and for additional protection in storage and transit
- M27 IAR
- British SA-80
- FN SCAR MK 16, 16S
- Colt - .233, 5.56
- Smith & Wesson M&P - .223, 5.56
- SIG - 5.56, M400. 516, 551AL
- Bushmaster - .223, 5.56
- and more...
Possible compatibility issues: The over travel stop on the M3 can prevent it being inserted in to some AR15 lowers with oversized trigger guards. POF, Noveske, and Spike Tactical billet lowers have been identified as having this problem.